Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Positively Clintonian Parsing

On one page of Obama's website, association with ACORN is a smear to be fought.

Fact: Barack was never an ACORN community organizer.
Fact: ACORN never hired Obama as a trainer, organizer, or any type of employee.
Fact: ACORN was not part of Project Vote, the successful voter registration drive Barack ran in 1992.

Yet, elsewhere on BarackObama.com... Senator Obama said, "I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

"Part of" and "smack dab in the middle of" are two entirely different things, don't you understand?

I suppose accusing Obama of being "hired" by ACORN is vicious and dishonest beyond words, when the truth is, he was just a volunteer. I suppose when you're a dedicated radical... pardon me, community organizer... the real shame is in taking a paycheck from those noble people at ACORN. They could be using that money for toner and ink so they can copy some more phony voter registrations.

Are we such patsies for Obama that he's not even trying to hide the lies?

No comments:

Post a Comment